1. Openness and transparency
breathalyzer.com.au and its affiliates are committed to protecting your privacy and respect and uphold your rights under the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ("Privacy Act"). By using this website or providing us with your personal information, you agree to and consent to the collection, use, holding and disclosure of personal information by breathalyzer.com.au as set out in this policy.
2. Personal information
Personal information is information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can be reasonably ascertained, from that information or opinion. Personal information we may collect from you includes, without limitation, your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and date of birth. Personal information also includes credit information. Credit information is personal information or an opinion about you that has a bearing on credit that has been provided to you or that you have applied for. Credit information includes information about credit that was applied for or provided to you for domestic, household, personal or other investment purposes as well as information about you where you are a guarantor of a loan.
breathalyzer.com.au will collect personal information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. If it is reasonable and practical to do so, breathalyzer.com.au will only collect personal information about you directly from you. breathalyzer.com.au will not collect personal information unless the information is reasonably necessary for our functions and activities.
Personal information may be collected by breathalyzer.com.au in a number of circumstances, including when you:
- make an enquiry with us via email or telephone;
- visit our websites;
- lodge an enquiry or application in relation to any breathalyzer.com.au products or services; or
- apply for employment with breathalyzer.com.au.
breathalyzer.com.au may enter into arrangements with third parties (including third parties with whom breathalyzer.com.au has partnered to provide you with its various products or services using the breathalyzer.com.au brand) to collect your personal information in circumstances where the third party notifies you, at the time of collection, that your personal information will be provided to breathalyzer.com.au.
breathalyzer.com.au requires individuals to provide accurate, up-to-date and complete personal information at the time it is collected.
4. What does breathalyzer.com.au do with your personal information?
In addition to any purpose notified to you at the time of collection breathalyzer.com.au uses your personal information for the purpose for which it has been provided, for reasonably related secondary purposes and for the purposes of:
- providing our products and services to you;
- providing breathalyzer.com.au branded products and services that are provided by our third party partners;
- our internal management needs;
- our marketing activities, including marketing activities relating to breathalyzer.com.au branded products and services that are provided by our third party partners;
- responding to any inquiries or comments that you submit to us;
- assessing, processing and managing your applications for breathalyzer.com.au products and services or breathalyzer.com.au branded products and services offered by our third party partners, including to assess your credit risk and our risk;
- any other purpose you have consented to; and
- any use which is required or authorised by law.
5. Disclosure of personal information
breathalyzer.com.au may disclose your personal information:
- to third-parties we ordinarily engage for the above purposes;
- organisations that provide products or services used or marketed by breathalyzer.com.au;
- any person or entity to whom you have consented to breathalyzer.com.au disclosing your personal information to; and
- any person or entity to whom we are required or authorised to disclose your personal information to in accordance with the law.
6. Access and Management
You may request access to your personal information in our customer account database, or seek correction of it, by contacting our customer service team. See section 8: Contact information.
breathalyzer.com.au may charge a reasonable fee that is not excessive to cover the charges of retrieving your personal information from our customer account database. breathalyzer.com.au will not charge you for making the request.
If you believe that breathalyzer.com.au holds personal information about you in our customer account database that is not accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant or information that is misleading then you may request its amendment and breathalyzer.com.au will respond to your request within a reasonable time. breathalyzer.com.au will not charge you for correcting your personal information.
If breathalyzer.com.au no longer needs your personal information for any the purposes set out in this policy, or as otherwise required by law, breathalyzer.com.au will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy the information or to de-identify it.
breathalyzer.com.au will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
7. Opting Out
At any time you may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us. Unless you opt out, your consent to receive direct marketing communications from us and to the handling of your personal information as detailed above, will continue. To opt out email email@example.com.
8. Cross-border disclosure
breathalyzer.com.au may disclose your personal information to recipients overseas (including in the Philippines, Hong Kong and New Zealand) to assist breathalyzer.com.au in providing you with products or services.
breathalyzer.com.au will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the information that is transferred to third parties located outside of Australia will not be held, used or disclosed by the recipient of the information in a manner that is inconsistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
9. breathalyzer.com.au website
When transmitting personal information from your computer to a breathalyzer.com.au website or to a breathalyzer.com.au branded website operated by one of our third party partners, you must keep in mind that the transmission of information over the Internet is not always completely secure or error-free. Other than liability that cannot lawfully be excluded, breathalyzer.com.au will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or any unintended loss or disclosure of that information.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the breathalyzer.com.au websites.